As we are not meeting in person today because of the weather, here is an assignment that you must complete before our next class. I will check or collect your work on Tuesday.
Watch the film, Babies (2010), directed by Thomas Balmes. The film is 1 hour and 18 minutes long– you only need to watch the first 35 minutes, as this is what we were going to watch in class. You are welcome/encouraged to watch more, if you have time.
Answer the following questions: babies [questions will also be sent in a different post]
How do you access the film? The film is available on Netflix. It is also available through the BMCC Video Library. If you want to watch it through BMCC, follow these instructions:
- Go to the BMCC Library Website: http://lib1.bmcc.cuny.edu/
- Go to the Video Databases. Click on Databases and it will open up a menu- click on Video Databases (see image below).
- Click on SWANK Digital Campus (the second of the three options). If you are OFF campus, you will need to log in to the website with your BMCC Portal id/password.
- In the search button on the top right side of the page, enter “Babies.” This film should be the first/only one that shows up, but be sure that it is the one directed by Thomas Balmes. (There are many films with the word “babies” in the title.)
- If you have any questions or encounter any trouble, contact me.