What makes a good class? These is a summary of the elements that we named + agreed to work towards together– if you want to add something to this list, let me know.
We will revisit these commitments later in the semester to see how we are doing.
- Interaction, between students and between students and professor
- Energy and passion for material, by both the professor and students
- Space to speak and ask questions without fear of judgment/criticism
- Space to disagree with one another
- Participation of all students (not just a few), and group discussion
- Paying attention to each other (e.g. no side talk, one mic)
- Showing respect for one another + learning from one another
- Good/active relationship with professor